Re: [linux-tr] Compiling w/o recompiling the kernel. *newbie* -Reply

Since I'd like to upgrade the kernel anyway, any ideas why 'patch <
Makefille.diff' would choke? I get the error message:

[root@sjfox net]# patch < Makefile.diff
Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|--- Makefile.orig  Tue Apr 27 09:58:01 1999
|+++ Makefile.mik   Tue Apr 27 10:00:39 1999
File to patch:

I'm running it in the <linux source>/drivers/net directory. Are there some
options I'm missing on the patch command?

Steve Fox   8?)
http://w3.rchland.ibm.com/~sjfox (IBM Intranet)
http://pcxtreme.org (External)

"Mike Phillips" <phillim@amtrak.com> on 05/11/99 01:24:31 PM