Re: [linux-tr] IBM Auto 16/4 Settings

> Kevin DeKorte wrote:
>
> Is anyone using an IBM Auto 16/4 Card? I'm looking for the settings
> that were used in config.opts
>
> I've tried the following
>

> module "ibmtr_cs" opts "mmiobase=0XDA000 srambase=0XDC000 sramsize=16"
>
> These are the numbers that work with Windows 95 on my laptop...
>

> System
>
>     IBM 760E
>     RedHat 6.0    Kernel 2.2.7
>     PCMCIA 3.0.9 with patches from linux-tr.net

I've tried everything that I can think of to get this combination
working (ThinkPad 760XD).  When I insert my card, the system thinks
that everything is working, but it identifies the ring as 4 MBps (it's
16 Mbps), and it puts the shared RAM at 0x4000.  You can imagine how
well that works.

The ThinkPad 760s have a TI1130 CardBus controller that's been known to
cause problems in the past.  If anyone has an Auto 16/4 (not a Turbo in
emulation mode!) Token Ring card working with a 2.2.x kernel in a laptop
with this chip, I'd sure love to hear about it.

--
Ian Pilcher                                       pilcher@concentric.net