Re: [linux-tr] linux hangs when tr-plug is removed

Once upon a time (around Thu, May 13, 1999 at 11:56:32AM +0200 i think)
Markus Fischer told me :
> > There hasn't been a change in that part of the code for several months
> > now.  I don't suppose you got an Oops out of it?

	Today i played a bit around with the tr-driver to find out where he
crashes the whole system. After inserting tons of debug messages and thousands
of tests and reboot i came to this (very possibly wrong) conclusion :

	After unplugging the TR network, ibmtr detects signal loss,
tok_interrupt is called, branches to RING_STAT_CHANGE, outputs "We try to
reopen the adapter.", leaves tok_interrrupt and .. hangs :(

	I couldn't dig into it any furhter because i dont know where to track
down the call to tok_interrupt (i'm no kernel hacker at all, c-experience just
sucks).

	If someone has a clue, needs more debugging information (or tells me
how to get more out of it, send me patches, etc.), just tell me. I won't give
up, so you shouldn't, too ;)

sincerly,
	Markus